Why use Songs in the classroom?
Studies have shown that music …
- improves concentration
- improves memory
- brings a sense of community to a group
- motivates learning
- relaxes people who are overwhelmed or stressed
- makes learning fun
- helps people absorb material
- can make the entire learning process more enjoyable
Music can be used to:
- introduce a new theme or topic (Christmas/colors/feelings)
- break the ice in a class where students don’t know each other
- change the mood (liven things up or calm things down)
- teach and build vocabulary and idioms
- review material (background music improves memory)
- teach pronunciation, intonation, new vocabulary
- teach songs and rhymes about difficult grammar and spelling rules
- teach reading comprehension
- inspire a class discussion
- activate vocabulary
- enhance listening skills
Songs are a fun way to teach English!
Before leaving this site, we invite you to visit our collection of Free Playscripts, Readers Theater, Role Plays and Skits for kids. We have Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, The Three Little Pigs, Snow White, The Little Mermaid, Jack and The Beanstalk, Goldilocks, and many more. The link will take you to:
Complete List of Playscripts.
Thank your for Visiting Free Playscripts for Kids!